Favourite food at the moment. It’s spicy, it’s sesame, it’s perfect.
I’ll write the recipe for two servings. You can make half or double it. Whatever your tummy wishes for 🙂
Spicy sesame sauce
1 tbs tahini (you can make it yourself, recipe will be posted tomorrow)
1+1/2 tbs plain yogurt (you can use Greek yogurt as well)
1 tbs soy sauce
1 tbs honey
1 tbs sesame oil
1/2 tbs rice vinegar
1/2 tbs sesame seeds
1/8 cup water
1/2 to 1 tbs gochugaru (you can use gochujang or any other chilli paste, also the amount is up to you, I like it medium spicy)
1 ts garlic powder
Vegetables & Soba
green vegetables – broccoli, bok choy, green onion (feel free to use any green veggie you want, the amount is up to you as well)
1/2 tbs salt
1 bundle soba (or 150 g – I can have 75 g of noodle on lunch; you can use any noodles you want)
240 g chicken breast (or as much as you want, I can have 120 g on lunch)
salt and black pepper
1. In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients for the sauce and mix well with a whisk. Set aside.
2. Bring a large pot water to boil. Meanwhile, wash and cut your veggies into bite sizes.
3. Into boiling water, add 1/2 tbs salt and add soba. Cook soba following directions of package. During last minute of cooking soba, add the veggies into the water and cook them all together for 1 minute.
4. When soba and vegetables are cooked, drain and rinse under cold water to stop cooking process and get rid of starch from soba. Drain well and set aside.
5. Slice chicken into bite size cubes (or strips) and season with salt and pepper.
6. Heat a large skillet (I use wok for induction cooker) over medium high heat, add cooking oil (I use sesame oil). Put the chicken on the skillet and cook until it’s no longer pink.
7. Whisk the sauce again and pour it over the chicken and stir. Bring the sauce to a simmer then lower the heat and cover it with a lid, let it cook for 10 minutes.
8. After 10 minutes, put the lid away and reduce the water by letting it boil until it thickens up slightly.
9. Add drained soba and vegetables to the skillet and stir until it’s all coated with the sauce. Remove from heat, serve on plates with a little bit sesame seeds on top.
10. Enjoy your delicious meal!
Originally from Asian at home, I just changed few stuffs.