This is so delicious that you will no longer want any other fried chicken.
I will write a recipe for a single serving.
120g chicken thighs
2 tbs Korean frying mixture (튀김가루)
2 tbs cold water
2 tbs cold beer (I used non-alcoholic, you can also skip this and add 4 tbs of water)
1 tbs vegetable oil (or sesame oil)
2 tbs ketchup
1 tbs hot pepper paste (고추장)
1 tbs rice syrup (or corn syrup, whatever you have at home)
1 ts sugar
1 ts garlic powder (haven’t tried it with fresh garlic but maybe 1 clove would be good)
1. Cut the chicken thighs into small cubes.
2. Add the frying powder, water and beer into a bowl and mix. Add the chicken and coat well.
3. Preheat a pan with oil and add the chicken, frying it for about 6-8 minutes, depending on the size of your cubes. Then take out.
4. Take a pan and add all the ingredients for the sauce. Let it simmer for about a minute while constantly mixing.
5. Turn off the heat and add chicken, coat it with sauce.
6. Cook some rice or fries.
7. Enjoy your meal~!
Where to buy?
You can directly search eBay for the frying mixture or hot pepper paste.